Monday, July 13, 2009

Andy Warhol Moments

.
“In the future, everyone will be world-famous for 15 minutes." – Andy Warhol, 1968

In the online world, "fame" can be fleeting, but I've enjoyed a few of my own "Warhol moments" lately.

Over the past few months, I’ve been thinking and reading often about French composer and organist Maurice Duruflé (1902-1986), whose music is the focus of the upcoming CONCORA Summer Festival (July 19-25 – read more about the Festival HERE). Naturally, the title of a recent daily blog entry at CHORALNET caught my eye: "Looking closer at Duruflé." Here it is: http://www.choralnet.org/view/233422 Imagine my surprise when I clicked through to find an endorsement of my own Quodlibet review of James E. Frazier's biography of Duruflé (read it HERE). That was nice.

The same day, one of my many online alerts returned a hit that led me to http://community.livejournal.com/choralbears/16668.html This was written by a blogger who reported that he has found “...another kind of love. A blogger who loves choral music as I do and writes incredibly intelligently about it.” And there was my essay “CONCORA Sings Bach! – The Aftermath” and a link to this blog, Quodlibet. That was very nice.

A few months ago, I learned that my essay on count-singing (read it HERE) had made the rounds with choir directors, had been distributed to at least two choirs that I knew about, and had been promoted in an online discussion group of choral directors and enthusiasts. That was really nice!

Way back in February, I posted several essays on the widespread recall of peanuts and peanut products (click “Food” in the index at lower right to read those posts). As part of their efforts to get the word out on the recall, the Dallas Association of Law Librarians kindly highlighted my Quodlibet posts on their blog, Lex Scripta. Here’s the link to their note about my posting: http://dallnet.blogspot.com/2009/02/update-on-peanut-butter.html
That was nice, too!

Last year, I wrote on Quodlibet about “How to Get the Most Out of a Choral Rehearsal” (read it HERE). It was very gratifying that so many people found this useful – thank you for your comments and email! And two choral directors requested permission to reprint it in their chorus newsletters. How nice!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.