Wednesday, September 21, 2011

But The Bag is Clearly Labeled "Bird Seed"


We had an unusual visitor to our backyard bird feeder this morning, a black bear!

video

That is a beautiful animal, with thick glossy fur. (It's a mediocre quality video, though, taken on my cell phone, through the screen door.) 




I tapped on the window to see if it would turn around so I could see its face. When I unlocked the door so I could scare it away, it turned tail and ran off across the yard.

We first saw this bear in our yard about a month ago. After it came by two days in a row, we took down the bird feeders, and didn't see it again. We just put up the feeders again several days ago, and it has already come back again. I hope it doesn't come back, as I would hate to give up feeding the birds during the fall migration.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.