Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Sideways Symmetry


When I arrived in Hartford yesterday for a mid-day meeting, the sun was shining brightly, emphasizing the colors and textures of many of the buildings downtown.

I had some time to spare, so I sat in my car, had a snack, and read for a while. But my gaze kept returning to the view down the street from where I was parked:


The longer I looked, the more I liked it.

Are these two buildings designed by the same hand? They complement each other. In fact, they are almost identical, except that one is reversed and turned on its side. See?

I found this delightful.

I love these buildings.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think they were designed by the same hand, but the glass building is a wonderful echo of the stone, and it kind of energizes the space between the stone building and its reflection in the glass. This is really a brilliant bit of urban architecture. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.