Sunday, November 13, 2011

"Luminous"

.
"Luminous" is exactly the right word to describe the ethereal sound of the celebrated vocal quartet Anonymous 4.

The quartet will present “Sisters in Spirit” TODAY, Sunday, November 13, at 4:00 p.m. at South Church, New Britain, Connecticut. Their program encompasses music from the Las Huelgas Codex, a collection of music for a convent of noble and aristocratic women who were forbidden from practicing polyphonic singing. Includes elegant French love motets, lively Latin conductus, soul-stirring laments and virtuoso polyphony for the daily Mass. The program also features the early American music of Gloryland.

"Happy Anticipation" is exactly the phrase to describe what I'm feeling this morning, knowing that I will be in the audience when Anonymous 4 fills South Church in Britain with their unforgettable, uniquely luminous sound.

I have had my tickets for weeks. :-)

From what I understand from my sources at South Church (helps to have an "in"), some tickets still remain.

You won't want to miss this opportunity to hear these world-class voices. Get there early to secure a good seat. But DO NOT take my favorite seat.

More information: http://www.musicseries.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.