Monday, December 19, 2011

Crescents for the Choir

.
The South Church Festival of Nine Lessons and Carols, which took place yesterday afternoon, was just beautiful, as always.

And, as always, the choir and others associated with the Festival gathered later at a private home for a potluck dinner and holiday celebration.

I contributed four dozen crescent rolls to the groaning board:


My friend Patti, who knows wherefrom she speaks, said they were pretty good. I wish I had taken pictures of the bread basket before (full to overflowing) and after (empty).

Baking bread for good friends is always a pleasure.

“Bread for myself is a material question. Bread for my neighbour is a spiritual one.” (Nikolai Alexandrovich Berdyaev (1874-1948), Russian religious and political philosopher.)

Just a few of the good things I enjoyed at the party:
* The joy that Patti and Tracy are back together.
* The amazing cranberry dip that Timothy made.
* Lourdes’ delight in buttery crescent rolls. (She had seven, or ten, or a dozen; reports varied.) (“Next time you make them,” she said, “think of me!”)
* Brie made from goat’s milk. (Why have I not known about this until now???)
* Really interesting conversation with George about the reflexive nature of social media.
* An ease with certain people that I have not felt before. But why?
* Celebrating with choir friends, while the echoes of the Lessons and Carols anthems were still in my ear.
* Watching D enjoy the food and conversation.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.