Thursday, January 3, 2013

“Charitable Contributions Report”

.
I donate to a local church that sponsors many wonderful music events. I support the music events by attending concerts, buying tickets, and making financial contributions to the music series and to its chamber music sub-series.

I received a computer-generated report of my 2011 contributions, I suppose for tax purposes, though it did not include everything I had donated.

Well, anyway, what tickleed me was this item, in small print, at the bottom of the form:

“Unless otherwise noted, the only goods or services provided are intangible religions benefits.”

BZZZZZZZZZZZT!

Wrong. I derived no religious benefits, tangible or intangible! I enjoyed several concerts and enjoyed supporting my fellow musicians. That’s all.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.