Sunday, February 10, 2013

Snow Day

.
On Friday morning, I made a big pot of really good minestrone, to  have on hand for easy re-heating in case we lost power. (I'll post the recipe here soon.)

As I worked, I watched the snow began to fall, the first flakes from the blizzard that would bring Southern New England to a standstill by nightfall.

Here's a slideshow of images showing how the view from my kitchen window changed over the course of the day, from about 10am until dusk:




We received about 28" of snow in less than 24 hours.

The little square pale yellow thing in some of the images is a Post-it note stuck on the glass to prevent birds from striking the window. It works.

In one or two of the images, the dark blobs that appear here and there are birds flying by.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.