Thursday, January 2, 2014

A Peaceful Pleasure

The other day I stopped at a favorite spot to look for birds. It’s at the end of a dead-end road, where one can look down on a small river winding through woodland, near a residential neighborhood. Good spot for Rusty Blackbirds and the occasional Red-shouldered Hawk. On one autumn morning, I watched a ten-point buck come through the area, shouldering aside the undergrowth and making himself Important.

On this day, though, a smaller fellow caught my eye.
He was very busy with what might have been a butternut.


Though I look primarily for birds, I enjoy all the wildlife I’m lucky enough to see. There is a peaceful pleasure in watching them go about their business.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.