Wednesday, March 5, 2014

An Unexpected Treat


A few weeks ago on the way home from somewhere or other, I stopped by a little dead-end street that looks out over a section of a small river. It’s a good place to see ducks and other birds. I saw a ten-point buck here once.

On this day, as I pulled into the little parking area, I could see movement down on the water… ducks! And oh, it was a pair of my favorite ducks:



Pintails!

Elegant, slender, graceful … All birds are beautiful (to me), and all ducks are especially natty, with bright colors (Wood Duck!) or fantastic patterns (Harlequin Duck!), but the Pintail is my favorite.


Pintails are somewhat uncommon, and are seen in my area mostly during migration, so it was an unexpected treat to find this pair just by happenstance.

Short video:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.