Sunday, March 2, 2014

Up Close and Personal


A few weeks ago as I worked in my office, I stretched and took a look out the office window into the back yard. Here’s what I saw:




That’s a young Cooper’s Hawk, and, judging from the enormous size, it’s a female. (Males are smaller.) 



Just as I switched to video mode, she took off:


I stepped across to the window on the other side of the room to see where she had headed, and was startled to come almost face to face with her:



She perched there for about five minutes, preening and watching everything around her pretty closely … well, watching like a hawk. Naturally. 






All photos and video ©2014 Quodlibet All rights reserved (taken on bino+cell through window and screen!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.