Sunday, May 22, 2016

Convergences

While reading about Plum Island (Mass.) just now, I remembered a short but wonderful visit that D and I made there last summer. Here is one of the scenes we enjoyed:


I’ve noticed that in many of my photos, I’ve unconsciously framed the shots so that they reveal converging (or diverging) angles. Here, a series of converging lines are formed by the horizon (top of the water), the “border” between the sand and water, and the ascending progression of vegetation.

Here’s a similar convergence in a photo taken on a frigid day last winter at the Quabbin Reservoir:




Something about these angles and proportions appeals to me. 


Images © 2016 Quodlibet. All rights reserved. Duplication or republication in any format is prohibited without express permission.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.